The sentences, which ranged between one month and three months, also carried two-year bans from entry into France, according to multiple sources.

Alexander Booth, 20, and Ian Hepworth, 41, were sentenced earlier Monday, then they were joined by Ashley Kelly, 26, Paul Jackson, 21 and Lee Phillips, 23. All were charged with throwing bottles at either police, rival supporters or both.

A total of six English fans were charged for bottle throwing, although one was a 16-year-old minor.

Meanwhile, chief Marseille prosecutor Brice Robin told reporters that no Russian fans had been arrested in connection with the violence, which had been building up in the two days before kickoff at the Stade Velodrome.

Scenes of Russian and English fans throwing chairs and bottles in the public squares of Marseille dominated news coverage before and after the match, which ended in a 1-1 draw.

Robin confirmed, however, that 150 Russian hooligans had been involved in the trouble, which kicked off again in the stadium in the last remaining minutes of the match. Just two Russian fans had been arrested — both for pitch invasion, he said.

At least 35 people were injured in the clashes, including 50-year-old Andrew Bache from Portsmouth, who was in critical condition after being beaten on the head with iron bars by Russian fans, according to the UK Press Association.

Meanwhile, UEFA's executive committee told the football associations of both countries Sunday that their teams could face further sanctions — including potential disqualification from the tournament — if their fans were involved in a repeat of the scenes.

UEFA, the governing body of football in Europe, has already opened disciplinary proceedings against the Russian Football Union over its supporters' behavior in Marseille.

It faces charges of crowd disturbances, racist behavior and setting off fireworks Saturday during the game in the southern French city.

"UEFA expresses its utter disgust for the violent clashes that occurred in the city center of Marseille, and its serious concern for the incidents at the end of the match inside Stade Velodrome," UEFA said in a statement.

"This kind of behavior is totally unacceptable and has no place in football."

It said a decision on the sanctions would be made "within the next few days," once evidence had been considered.

No action has been taken against England's Football Association, however.