Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.

Sign Up

MONROE, Conn. (AP) — A threat has led to the evacuation of the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut.

Nancy Bartosik of the superintendent's office in the town of Monroe says the students are being moved Wednesday to a nearby school where they can be picked up by their parents. She says she does not immediately have information on the nature of the threat.

A gunman killed 20 first-grade students and six educators at the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown on December 2012. The students resumed classes in a school in the neighboring town of Monroe, also called Sandy Hook Elementary School. The original school building was torn down last year.

Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.